Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shabby Tea Room Inaugural Challenge

I found a brand new challenge blog a few days ago called The Shabby Tea Room.  It's headed up by a few gals that are in my neck of the woods (central North Carolina), and the inspiration is just leaping off the page over there!!  Their very first challenge is "Elegant Shabby" and is based on this picture, using colors of pink, cream, red, green, and brown.

For my card, I used some paper from the Mariposa collection by Die Cuts With A View as the focal point of the tag.  The other papers are from K and Company and My Mind's Eye.  The little flower chipboard piece is also from the Mariposa line.  All of the stamps used are from Cornish Heritage Farms: Vintage Butterflies, French Script Backgrounder, and Ornamental Beauty (sentiment).  The fabulous scrunchy seam binding is from Bluebird Lane Etsy shop.  I stitched, distressed, painted, sanded, glimmer misted, and inked 'til I got that shabby look I wanted - such fun!  If you like creating in this style, you'll definitely want to check out the samples and all the other submissions at The Shabby Tea Room.  One really cool thing..... everyone's linked project is shown as a thumbnail, so you get a little peek before you even visit their blogs.  That's new to me, and I love it!

22 comments:

Debbie said...

Simply and utterly divine! All the wonderful elements you incorporated into your design work so well together and I {love} that shabby seam binding tape -- my new addiction!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM. I can't wait to see what you'll create for next week's all new challenge :)

Geri said...

I love your card! Love the papers, the distressing and everything about it. You left some kind words on my blog...thought I would come and say 'hello'. (You must be a Melissa Phillips fan!:))

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful card and I can see the inspiration piece in your card. Love how you layer your beautiful pieces together!

Kim Faucher said...

wow, this is beautiful!!! So glad I found your blog!

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous all the wonderful layers and textures and shapes and images love how you combine everything and make such stunning pieces.

Kris Dickinson said...

This is absolutely stunning Jean!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is absolutely stunning Jean!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art...I love this..tis beautiful x

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card thanx for the vist lovely to see new faces

Love Dawn xx

Jacqueline said...

Is this ever gorgeous!! What a stunning card - simply beautiful!!

Meredith said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

You have an amazing blog--such beautifful creations!

Jinny Newlin said...

Congrats on becoming a Tea Time Terrific Top Three! Gorgeous submission!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say thanks, When I pop over to check out your tag I saw your card for Shabby Tea Room Challenge Blog! I think I'm going to love doing some of there challenges. Your card is absolutely Gorgeous! So much detail. I love it.

Lisa Voerg said...

Congratulations on your top three. I lover your card. Great job.

Lyn B said...

Congrats on winning! I loved your card.

Lynn Stevens said...

oh my gosh Jean, you nailed this challenge, So Lovely and shabby at the same time. over the top gorgeous!!!!!

Isabelle Norris said...

gorgeous !! love the butterfly touches ;)
isa

penny4thoughts said...

Beautiful piece,Jean!!

Holly said...

Oh wow, I love that shabby ribbon and the butterflies and the papers. This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! What a great look!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Jean!! So sorry I didn't get over here sooner to tell you how gorgeous your card was for The Shabby Tea Room challenge. I absolutely adore your design on here. Just gorgeous!

Debby said...

Oh my! Another spectacular piece. This is gorgeous beyond gorgeous. Love that bird cage.