Monday, March 8, 2010

A Moonbeam Card for Play Date Cafe Challenge #19

 
This week's Play Date Cafe color challenge was a true challenge for me (and I can't say that about many colors - I love them all).  Yellow is a color I don't often use as the main focus of a card; however, once I found my main image, things came together a little more easily.  The colors for the challenge were deep yellow, pale yellow, and white.  My little moon-sitter is from the new Heartwarming Vintage "Altered Fairies" Creative Scraps..... loooooove them!  I knew I wanted to pair her with Cornish Heritage Farms' Astronomy Scrapblock, to give her a proper background.  The celestial image is stamped on some old Stampin' Up! patterned paper that had a yellow and white floral motif.  Then, since she was looking off to the side and smiling at something.... I needed to give her something to look at!  So I decided to go with yellow clip art butterflies, flying out of the flowers beneath her.  A bit of diamond Stickles touched everything with moonbeams.  Can you tell I ended up having fun with this challenge after all, LOL?  

A little reminder before you go..... if you'd like to try out for the Gingersnap Creations Design Team.... there's still time!!  Click on the Design Team Call badge in the column to the right for all the details.  I can tell you, it is soooo much fun to be on this team.  The gals are fabulous to work with, and I am in total awe of their work every day.  You'll know about the challenges well in advance, so there's no time pressure to get your projects completed (unless of course you're like me, and need two days to find your desktop before you start working, then lose the product you want to use, then stamp crooked, and then.... well, I still usually manage to get stuff done on time anyway, LOL!!).  Try it.  You'll like it.  :)

16 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh, heavenly scrummy....this is beautiful x

Julie Ranae said...

Oh Jean! That's literally what I said when your page came up...Oh Jean!

This is beautiful and such a lovely interpretation of this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge : )

Hearts Turned said...

I LOVE this card, Jean! Love the way you used the Fairy Scraps--perfect!

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for visiting my blog thru GC and leaving a comment. I just became a follower here after looking at your beautiful work.

Laura said...

Great creation and a wonderful image. Love all the dimension on it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of color! I love all the layers!

Hanne said...

This is so beautiful Jean!
Hanne

Sarah Anderson said...

Jean this is so lovely! What a great image to choose :)

Kris Dickinson said...

This is amazing!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jean, this is fabulous! Just gorgeous!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is so heavenly (could not resist!). Gorgeous. Lynne M x

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your latest creations are a welcome breath of Spring!
Your moonbeam card is so charming and lovely, you certainly stepped up to the yellow challenge beautifully!
oxo

Ruby said...

What a pretty card. It brings me back to those carefree days of childhood, lovely :o)

Debby said...

What Hels said! Made me go UHHHH with my jaw on the floor. Not pretty. This is gorgeous. all the layers, the colors, the elements. Yowza!

the gypsy magpie said...

I think all your cards and tags are beautiful but THIS one... oh my! It's absolutely fabulous!!! The colors, the images, everything. You did such a great job creating it.

Lorraine said...

what a simply beautiful magical card