Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Easter Basket for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge

It's Week #2 of challenges at a fabulous new blog, The Shabby Tea Room.  This week's challenge was to create a card or project that is "Spring Inspired - With Stitching." Well, with Easter right around the corner, I couldn't help but use my all-time favorite bunny stamp, "Easter Basket" from Cornish Heritage Farms.  And since the challenge required stitching, I decided it would be a good time to pull out some Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas and have a go at coloring it with Copics.   This technique produces a wonderfully soft, faded (could we say "shabby"?) effect.  I zigzag stitched around the image, then used multiple strips of Kioshi patterned paper (just like my last post) to create an Easter-colored background, which I straight-stitched along the edges.  A little Martha ribbon and some hydrangea blossoms were enough to accent this sweet bun-bun.  Have a beautiful Palm Sunday, and happy crafting!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Great card. That bunny is precious! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw, what an utterly divine card, love it x

Debbie said...

What a sweet bunny and a great job with your coloring! Thanks for joining us again this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM - your work is just lovely! I look forward to an all new design from you next week for our next challenge :)

Melissa said...

Your paper choices are so pretty - and the bunny is super cute! Thanks for joining us at TSTR!

2amscrapper said...

Amazing card. Love the details and papers.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely image! I can see why it is a favorite. Love how you have used the Kioshi paper too!

Lynn Stevens said...

Love that precious Bunny! Sweet as can be. I'll be watching for your name aagin this week :0)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is just SO cute! That stamp is amazing. You did a fabulous job with the coloring, and I love the canvas. Thanks for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous Easter card! That bun is so sweet and I love your papers.