Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dragonfly Release Day

No, not real dragonflies, hee hee... It's release day at Cornish Heritage Farms, and this is a sample of a new set called Emerging Dragonfly from the Sara England Line.  These "Emerging" sets are new and are great for cardmakers - there's a larger feature image and a lovely sentiment and word stamps in each set, and some will include a little coordinating secondary image.  For my card, I "smooshed" a few Distress Ink colors onto my mat, then swirled the stamp around in them a bit before stamping on my cardstock.  I used the "Dream" stamp to make a little frame, and cut out just the first bit of the sentiment using a Nestie.  The background paper is from Basic Grey's Kioshi 6x6 pad.

Here's another card, which uses the little hibiscus image in the background.  You can see the entire sentiment in this one - I think it's a good one for a scrapbook page as well as a card.

As always, there's plenty of inspiration in the gallery..... you can see the design team's creations for Emerging Dragonfly HERE, and for Emerging Dolphin HERE.  There will be more "Emerging" sets, er, "emerging" in the coming months.  Hope you have a great day, and that you find time to get inky!

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, how I love your work! I am so drawn to your beautiful creations!

joy said...

Both of your cards are so pretty - I love the BG paper on the first one!

Holly said...

I LOVE both of your cards, Jean! You did a beautiful job of showcasing this dragonfly set. That "dream" frame around the multicolored dragonfly is gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely sentiment! Love the design on both of them and the dragonfly is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Summer just flies out of these cards! Wonderfully done and great pairings of inks and papers.

Debby said...

Purty purty purty. You always inspire me therefore ENABLing me to spend my money at CHF. Who could resist?!?