Friday, August 20, 2010

Tag Tuesday Challenge - Not On Paper

Louise's Tag Tuesday challenge this week over at Kard Krazy is to make a tag that does *not* have paper as its base.  I found some small scraps of felt in my stash and decided to use a piece of deep red for a cozy Christmas tag.  I decided I wanted to create a pocket, to slip in an additional tag (paper, this time) for the greeting and the "To: and From:" message, so that the felt-based tag could be reused.  So, I stamped an old Santa image (Santa Collage from Rubber Stampede) onto cardstock and punched a snowflake edge at the top.  Then I decorated him with distress inks, Copics, diamond Stickles, and a bit of glossy accents for the eyeglasses, then stitched him on, leaving the top open.  I created another little tag to stick in the pocket.  Other little accents include a piece of striped ticking fabric, some star fabric to hold on the ribbon at the top, some pom pom trim, a felt snowflake, button, and baker's twine.  Here's what it looks like with the taglet removed:
Hope you can play along - it really gets your creative juices flowing!

14 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean, I like this so much. I see you are in the Christmas Spirit! Lynne x

Cath Wilson said...

Great idea there and beautifully made. Love the stitching.

ScrappyPam said...

Great idea! What a gorgeous tag!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Your Santa is perfect! I love the fringe...reminded me of snowballs.

Deb (dcorder) said...

Just love this. Felt is the perfect background for that stamp!!

Daniele said...

another gorgeous christmas tag
Jean
hugs

Terry said...

Love this vintage Christmas (not paper) tag! Your Santa is awesome and I think I have that stamp!! Perfect details with the candy cane ties. Have a fun weekend!

minnie_mac said...

A real fun Christmassy tag.

Marilyn

Lynn Stevens said...

oh my gosh you have caught the Christmas bug haven't you! you put me to shame.... Adorable tag. hohoho!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A delightful Christmas tag, Jean. I love the whole pocket idea, too. (Hmmmm.....I think I see a new challenge coming on:)

Michele said...

this is pretty and puts me in a happy mood!

penny4thoughts said...

Nice choice to use felt for your base. It must be starting to look like Christmas at your house!

virginiasvignettes said...

Very Beautiful!....can't believe Christmas is around the corner...thanks for sharing your creativeness!...:)virginia

Heather Rogers said...

Such a beautiful tag! That Santa image is perfect. :)