Friday, August 13, 2010

Etsy Inspired Challenge #100

Squeaking in under the wire for the Etsy Inspired Challenge #100 this week.  I just found out about this yesterday, and once I saw the shop that was the inspiration, I just couldn't resist a little card creation.  Our inspiration was to be one of the gorgeous pendant charms from Cathy Walter's Etsy Shop.  I chose this gorgeous pendant - so vintage and pretty, and I knew just the stamps I wanted to use.  All of the stamps used come from the Paris Exposition plate from Artistic Outpost.  I made my own green patterned paper using all of the phrases, either embossed in white or simply stamped in black.  I used the two balloon images for the feature panel, and tied it up with a little ruffled ribbon and a little charm as a nod to the product that is inspiring us.

The weekend is very nearly here peeps!  Hope you have a great one planned, with a little crafty time, of course! :)

19 comments:

Suzanne C said...

I know what you mean... Cathy's work is fabulous!!! Great inspiration. Love what you did with the inspiration pendant! Fabulous! Love the hotair balloons and wonderful background!

Terry said...

Starting from the back, I love your BG paper! It is fun to make your own! Love the stamped image, which is perfect with the BG. Now I have to go check out the pendant shop! Wonderful card!

Netty said...

Love it, terrific design. Annette x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab card! Wonderful take on the inspiration pieces using the Artistic Outpost image, your BG paper came out wonderfully! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

de said...

OMG this is PERFECt for that pendant! I am LOVING what you did!


Thanks so much for helping EtsyInspired celebrate our 100th challenge!

Katy said...

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous Jean!

LeAnne said...

Wow, what an incredible interpretation of this little pendant. LOVE those images!

Lindsay Weirich said...

I love that stamp, what a great artsy card!

SmilynStef said...

What perfect stamps for the occasion ... love those vintage balloons ... fabulous inspired design.

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh So well done! Love those images. wink! a perfect challenge inspiration piece. Have a wonderful weekend Jean!

Unknown said...

What a great interpretaton. I love the stamps you have used

Love Dawn xx

Anne Jagger said...

This is fantastic, it's just gorgeous.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I spied this but too late to make anything. How you managed to create this so quickly is amazing. Wonderful piece. Lynne x

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your work, Jean!

Heather Rogers said...

Wow! This is almost exact to the inspiration photo. Fabuolus design and hot air balloon stamp. :)
Thanks for your sweet commments on my blog.

joan said...

I just love how you have made the BG paper ! fabulous

Anonymous said...

Your background paper is just beautiful! What a great way to make custom dp! Your card is so sophisticated!

Miss Iowa said...

Great design! I really need to try making my own background paper that way.

Anonymous said...

totally gorgeous creation!