Thursday, August 12, 2010

Distress Crackled Things with Wings - CCC#9 and SSSS#1

How's that for a goofy post title?  Hmmmmm... I must be combining challenges again.  I'm getting over my guilt about that (slowly!).  Anyway, I made this little card with two challenges in mind: Linda's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #9, where we are to use the Distress Crackle Technique according to Tim's instructions on page 42; and, for the very first Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, which is "Things with Wings."

Okay, so you just saw this little gal yesterday, but ever since I got her I've had the urge to put wings on her!  So I got out Tim's Flights of Fancy clear stamp set and surrounded her with wings - Rock Candy crackled wings, to be exact.  (BTW, not lovin' these clear stamps so much.... did all the tricks in the book to stop the inks from pooling, with no luck. Just an aside.... still love the images.  Rubber rules!)  Anyway, the background is also crackled, as you can tell.... I ran some cardstock through Tim's damask texture fade, then dabbed on some Distress Crackle in Old Paper.  I wanted it to look like vintage wallpaper that had been painted over and was starting to crackle.... ya think?  That lovely little sentiment is from a very vintage and falling-apart copy of Little Women.  Oh, and the clock (also crackled) is from a piece of truly ancient Tim paper from way before you knew he was designing paper, LOL!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll have a chance to get crafty with one or both of these fun challenges (and check out the candy, too!). :)

22 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Gorgeous! Love that back ground Jean.

You could also check out Stampotiques Wings wings wings theme too :0)

Lynne Forsythe said...

OMW....I LOVE every little thing about your card....and the little girl is just DARLING!!! FABULOUS!!!

and congrats on being #100 which BTW I think is pretty DANG cool!!!

Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sweet fairy and surrounding her with butterflies was inspired!

ScrappyPam said...

Your background is fabulous! Love how you did that. Great project!

Terry said...

Oh My Goodness! You really did a ton of work on this beauty! I clicked on the pic to get a better look and can't believe that background! Love it all!

donna said...

Wow. This is a beauty! I love your wallpaper and the words are so fitting.

Nancy Wethington said...

Love her and the challenge piece! Thanks so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Hope to see more of your challenges in the future!

Toni said...

Oh Jean, this is beautiful...just love how you made the crackle over the damask... great idea, I will definitely need to try this. love love love this little girl also...

Elise said...

Oh, JEAN! This piece is simply stunning! It's a heavenly collage of vintage FABULOUSNESS! I adore your style! I just had a quick look at your blog and your shabbiliscioius creations are making my heart RACE! I'll have to check back when I have more time! OUTSTANDING work, darlin'!

Thanks for your kind words on my blog this morning - I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who saw "taupe" and went WHAT? - hee hee

Anne Jagger said...

Just beautiful

Unknown said...

Love it! what a cute stamp.. I just love all the elements here! Like her sitting on the clock.. So creative.. Well done!

Hugs, Linda

Daniele said...

this is divine Jean lovely subtle shades
hugs

Linda Ledbetter said...

Jean, this is sensational! I love that image, too, and I'm happy to see it show up twice. You really did make a background that looks just like vintage wall paper! The crackle technique looks great, and the sentiment is so sweet and appropriate for this darling little girl. ♥

Have you tried stamping your clear stamps with a permanent ink a few times and then cleaning them off really well? For some reason, that seems to help them hold other ink better. I have no idea why, but it really does seem to work!

Unknown said...

Jean ... she is one of my all time favourite images and you have done a great job with her! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge ... Hope to see you again next week :0)

Netty said...

Totally fabulous, love everything. Annette x

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those are three of my favorite things, I like the title!

Evelyn S. said...

She's perfect for wings....they must have grown on her! ;-) Delightful creation, Jean!

Nancy D. said...

Love your card!

minnie_mac said...

Love this piece. The background is fabulous.

Marilyn

Terry said...

Hiya Jean, thanks for joining in on Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge, you did a perfect job the image is really georgous and the butterflies are absolutely wonderfull. Hope to see ya for our next challenge monday. Hugs Terry xxxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The wings suit her to perfection! Lynne x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just to beautiful for eyes! I luv her......