Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Famous Painters and Paintings at Gingersnap Creations

It's Wednesday, so it's time for another great challenge at Gingersnap Creations.  This time, the inspiration is famous painters or famous paintings.  This was a great excuse for me to continue to play with Oxford Impressions' Soul of the Rose plate, this time using the Flaming June image by Frederic Leighton.  I colored her with Copics (which is so easy with these images... they are so detailed that you barely need any shading at all - I only used two oranges, two browns, and two flesh tones for the lovely lady).  I used some alcohol inks on glossy paper, then ran the panel through the Cuttlebug with Tim's swirly texture fade (lovin' that!).  I added a little coordinating patterned paper, some rust-colored silk ribbon (which I got at Ellen Hutson's store), and a straight pin (which had only a clear crystal top.... I added a few blue beads of my own, too).  Nothing too complicated.

I hope you can play along with us at Gingersnap Creations... check out what the design team and our lovely guest artists have come up with - you are sure to be inspired.  This challenge runs through August 29th, so you've got tons of time to play. :)

12 comments:

Terry said...

Wow I don't know where to begin! The image is so perfectly colored and hard to believe this was accomplished with only six colors! The color combo is stunning! Love it!

Hearts Turned said...

So gorgeous, Jean! He's one of my favorite artists of all time, and that is one of my favorite paintings--beautifully done!

Hope you're having a wonderful summer day!

Julie

Unknown said...

Well this is a great take on the GSC I will have to see if I canhave a go too!

love Dawn xx

2amscrapper said...

amazing! stunning! gorgeous!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jean,
just beautiful. Love that image.
TFS and have a wonderful evening.
Hugs,
Marie

Cynthia a.k.a. Cynnie said...

What a beautiful piece! I just now found your blog,,,I am finding all kinds of wonderful blogs today...I don´t know where I have been hanging out in the meantime that I was never here before:) but I LOVE your work!! I have this stamp too and love it but never used it yet! why I don´t know, but well, you inspired me to get it out of the drawer and do something with it:) THanks....I will add you to my blog list toooooo. Have a creative day......

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A favourite stamp of mine and I really love what you have created. Sublime .... as always! Lynne M

Anonymous said...

Exquisite rendering of an excellent image! Masterfully done!

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous card, every detail is so special and perfect!
oxo

Yvonne said...

Oh my, this is really beautiful, Jean!

Holly said...

*thud* Goodness gracious, girl! This is stunningly gorgous! LOVE your coloring on that dress.

the gypsy magpie said...

Speechless. totally speechless!
I cannot believe that this was a stamp- the colors you have given it are perfection. This is one of my all-time favorite pieces of art, and seeing how you put this together is wonderful. I'm always so impressed with your work and this just proves why!