Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 43

Coming in at the eleventh hour (literally) with a little Play Date Cafe entry.  The inspiration colors this week are supposed to be a tribute to the last days of summer, but I couldn't help myself from thinking cold and frosty!  Actually, it's not totally my fault this time.... I was completely inspired by a gorgeous card by Pam Hooten on her blog HERE, using this fabulous color combo for a beautiful version of Old St. Nick with brand new stamps by Our Craft Lounge.  Many thanks to Pam for the inspiration - I know I'll be using this color palette for holiday cards again this season!  (BTW - I was so excited to win their brand new Ol' St. Nick set as blog candy - thanks Pam!!!)

So my little card uses lots of scraps of holiday papers from last year, along with a now-retired pine tree stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms, and a focal image from Melissa Frances.  I was once again trying to keep the card flat for mailing, but I don't know how that little pine tree pin will fare..... ah well, the best laid plans, LOL!

Hope you're having a great week.  It was seriously humiding here again today (along with some bona fide downpours, all with never-ending heat).... I am sooooo ready for fall!

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful entry just in the nick of time! Great use of this weeks colors, beautiful holiday card. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun card--love that this color story was used for a winter themed card--love that pin with the tree! SO CUTE:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

ps....you made it in time! Great job:) Hope you can play again with us next week!

Unknown said...

What a fun card..I love it! I also love how you made it a winter card. Very clever..

Hugs, Linda

Lynn Stevens said...

Now this must be wishfull thinking? its supposed to be over 100 tomorrow! I'll just kick back and admire your cool card! LOl

Daniele said...

what a great winter card love the colour scheme
hugs from Daniele

Terry said...

We hit a record yesterday of 108 and today is not going to be much better! Your card makes me think of winter and I love it! Wonderful job with the colors! Stay cool!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Colour combo works so well for a frosty card. Hmmm, not sure about the little pins in the mail - I sympathise with you and desperately trying to keep my Christmas cards (yes I have made a start!) as flat as possible, isn't it difficult to do this? Experiencing a downpour as I type. Lynne x

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Jean! So glad you joined us at the Play Date Cafe again this week!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Jean! Glad you made it in time for the challenge.

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! Love the colors & details!

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Jean,

Your cards always have impeccable composition and great extra touches.
I always enjoy your work.

Holly said...

So gorgeous!!!!! Love the frosty feel of this card and how you combined papers and stamped images. That tree stick pin is a perfect accent!

Anne Jagger said...

This is beautiful, I love it. X

Anonymous said...

Fab card! Vintage was the perfect way to go with those colors!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This fits perfectly with the PDCC!