Sunday, July 26, 2009

Winter Wonderland Week 9 - Christmas Tree Decorations


Here's my little paper ornament for Winter Wonderland's challenge this week, which is Christmas Tree Decorations. (Sorry for the bad pic, since the ornament is mostly white, I had a hard time coming up with a good way to photograph it.) I am woefully behind on these challenges (I've missed three!) but hopefully now that the summer is winding down for us, I'll get back in the groove.

I used a little Victorian clip art angel as the focal point, and added some platinum Stickles around the edge. The "wings" are some vintage velvet leaves that I got on Etsy (Paper Tales). I added a little crepe paper, some dangling snowflakes, a Grungeboard star with pewter Distress Crackle paint, and a Peace sticker. Very quick and easy, and very fun. Thanks to all the ladies over in Wonderland for another fabulous challenge!!

9 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is so stunning Jean. I adore the image and the whole piece has a serenity and peaceful feeling. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland, hugs Pascale

Sarah said...

This reminds me of the beautiful vintage decorations that graced the Victorian trees. Very nice!!

Anne said...

Oh my life!! Isn't this just the most fabulous piece of art!! I would LOVE a set of these hanging from my tree! Absolutely stunning Jean - so good to see you back! :o) xx

Teri said...

Great decoration, love all the folds and the leaves.
Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs,
Teri S.
x

Teri said...

This is gorgeous Jean! It would look beautiful gracing the top of the tree :o)

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

Teri xx

Lynda said...

What a fabulous decoration! You are so creative.

Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Jean this is really gorgeous,lovin the vintage look xx jo xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Love this angel, so sweet

Anonymous said...

love this...you are so good at coming up w/cool Christmas vintage creations!!!
Pam Going Postal