Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cornish Heritage Farms Resist Challenge


A card I made for the Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge, which for this week is to use a resist technique. I used clear emboss resist for the two background papers and the background of the main image.

For the bottom patterned paper, I randomly stamped SU's Soft Sky blue and Memories Mango pumpkin-colored inks on a white background, then clear embossed an image from CHF's Ornamental Beauty stamp set. I then went back over the paper with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink using a brayer. For the top patterned paper, I clear embossed another image from Ornamental Beauty, then smudged on the Mango ink. For the main panel, I first masked off the area where the image would go. Then I clear-embossed a text background, brayered Soft Sky ink over that, then stamped CHF's Tree Swallows Silhouette image in the area that was not embossed. (I had tried it with the entire panel embossed, but it was too busy - couldn't really appreciate the bird image.)

Other supplies include SU Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, clear embossing powder, Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart and Anna Griffin ribbons, Making Memories alphabet stickers, and buttons and twine from my stash.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card! I simply love your work!!!

Smiles,
Lesley (DT Pile it On)