Saturday, July 11, 2009

SCS Inspiration Challenge - Chasing Fireflies


The Inspiration Challenge over at SCS was the children's clothing and accessories catalogue Chasing Fireflies. For my inspiration I chose this photo, because I just loved the rich colors in this outfit, and the fun combination of flowers and stripes. I used Scrappy Cat stamps for the flower images, which I cut out and pieced, and added buttons and twine from my stash as the centers. I free-hand cut the stems and some of the leaves (the leaves on the right are from a MacGill punch). I layered it all on a background cut with Nestabilities Labels One dies. I added striped paper from Basic Grey, layered with Kiwi Kiss (SU) and cut with Fiskar's threading water punch. The ribbon is from Martha Stewart, and the pearls are from Kaiser. Just a quick, cheery little card, for a birthday perhaps. (I haven't added a sentiment inside yet - may need a quick thank you some day!) TFL!

No comments: