Friday, July 31, 2009

Cornish Heritage Farms One Sheet Wonder Challenge


Whew! I just finished my first One Sheet Wonder project, as part of the last week of the Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge. This event has been SO MUCH FUN, and this last week was definitely the most challenging for me, since I'd never made a masterboard before. I will try to get some of my step-by-step photos up over the weekend (since I actually remembered to take them!), but for now, just the cards.....

The CHF stamps I used were Botanical Bliss, Sweet Bee, Ornamental Beauty, and Delicate Wings (Butterfly). My color palette was based on Stampin' Up! inks and cardstocks: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Sky and Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red. I also added in some kraft paper and Anita's taupe ink.

The card on the left uses a journaling block stamp from Orna- mental Beauty, some blossoms from a "big box store" floral sprig, some rhinestones from Kaiser, and a tiny little Hero Arts flower for the center of the red bloom. These Hero Arts "Art Flowers" come in cream and white, but the neat thing is that you can color them with all sorts of media, such as glimmer mists and markers. I used a Copic marker that was similar to the Kiwi Kiss color. The card on the right is a tri-fold card. I stamped the willow image from Sweet Bees onto kraft cardstock, and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I cut the masterboard paper using a Big Shotz die in my Cuttlebug, then made a sort of office envelope look with a button and twine closure.

For this next pair, I used a long strip of the master- board paper for each one. For the card on the left, I stamped the poppy image from Botanical Bliss and colored it with Copics, then cut it out with my Nestabilities Labels Four. A little ribbon, a sweet little sentiment in the corner, and done. For the card on the right, I painted and distressed a chipboard frame from Maya Road to set off the sentiment (also CHF - forgot to mention that one before). The border around the patterned paper is from Ornamental Beauty, and the ribbon is from Martha Stewart.

Okay, last set of cards.... Here's the deal with the card on the left.... I had an awkward little piece of patterned paper left after I cut out everything, and I just couldn't let it go... so I punched the butterfly shape, then pondered it for a long while. Kinda cutesy, didn't know what to do. Then I decided to make a card that could go to a younger girl (my daughter is 10), so I wanted to make it kinda free and fun, but still in keeping with the set. I used a border punch for the Kiwi Kiss, added three cute little buttons tied with twine, and then got out my slim black marker and made "messy" style lines all around as a border to finish it off. For the card on the right, I got out those big box blooms again, along with those cool Hero Arts flowers that I colored with Copics, and some rhinestones for the centers. The frame around the sentiment is Tim Holtz grungeboard painted red, then green, then distressed. Those wonderful corner stamps are from the Ornamental Beauty set.

Okay, last picture... the box to put it all in, and a few tiny little gift tags to use up some scraps I just couldn't throw in the trash!! The box has the same button toggle type of closure as the tri-fold card above, except that I used the circle poppy stamp from Botanical Bliss for the bottom "button." The tags are pieced together and cut with Nesties. The tiny sentiment is from Botanical Bliss; added some pretty ribbon, and DONE!

Thanks for sticking with me 'til the end of this long post!! You can STILL PLAY in this challenge, so whether you are a One Sheet Wunderkind or have always wanted to try, hop on over to the CHF gallery for some inspiration and see what you can do! Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Jean, I think you did a wonderful job on the OSW challenge - way to go! I still need to finish mine, but after seeing yours, I know it won't compare!

LeAnne said...

I just did a OSW for a Color Throwdown challenge, and it was so fun--I haven't done one for a long time. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the images you put together. And congrats--I saw on the CHF blog that your "scene" card won! Woohoo! You're gonna be famous--I can feel it in my bones!

Lynn Stevens said...

Jean, These are incredible! I do hope you win again, you should sent these in to SS. they do a running masterboard challenge and I,m sure they would be selected!
awesome work!

Colleen Kramer said...

Beautiful! I love your finished set --down to the 2 little tags. Your choice of stamps and color combo really make this OSW -truly wonderful!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Well, all I can say is Wow! These are amazing. I really wouldn't know where to start with something like this, but you did a briliant job. All the cards and tags are gorgeous and the little box to put them in, is the perfect finishing touch.
Awesome!
Caroline xxx

Lydia Fiedler said...

Goodness GRACIOUS - this is beautiful!!