Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why I'm Not Crafting This Weekend....

.... I'm at the National Hockey League All Star Game and festivities!  I am a hockey nut (as is the rest of the family), and yesterday we spent the entire day at Fan Fair in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.... getting autographs of players and former players, visiting the trophies, watching live TV broadcasts and generally soaking up the atmosphere.  In the evening, the two sets of captains for each All Star team picked the rest of the players on their teams by draft - a school yard style game of who-picks-who.  Of course, one team is stacked with players from our local NHL team, the Carolina Hurricanes.  Oh, and a few other future Hall of Fame players for good measure, too (the pic shows some of our boys in red).  After the draft was over we took in a free concert by the band 3 Doors Down, capped off by some fireworks.  It was a late night for the kids, but they loved it.

Today is the All Star Skills competition, and tomorrow is the game itself.  One of the advantages of hockey "down south" is that we will be tailgating in the arena parking lot today and tomorrow, under gorgeous sunny blue skies and temperatures in the mid-50s F.  I hope you all have a fun weekend, and I will be back crafting Monday with some new Artistic Outpost stamps I just added to my stash (couldn't help myself) and a new Gingersnap Creations challenge on Wednesday.  Have a Happy!  

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

If I could watch all those gorgeous men I would even like hockey and I would drop my crafting things straightaway! Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast!! Hope you have a great time!!

Hugs, Linda

Lisa Silver said...

Oh my word!!! How fun! We've been watching all the fun!

We're Blackhawk fans in our house (weird, as we're not from Chicago but St. Louis and should be Blues fans). Thanks for that yummy picture of Patrick Sharp above. He's my favorite player!

Have a blast!
hugs,
lise

Zue said...

Very handsome boys, lucky you.

I just popped by to say how lovely your work in the March edition of Crfat Stamper is.

Hydrangeas are one of my all time top favourite flowers and the colours you have chosen are stunning, in their softness. I lov ethe technique you used for staining nad I might have a try..would not be as nice as yours though!
SUe xx