Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tag Tuesday Winter

Finally, finally getting to post something to this poor neglected blog of mine!  I've been working on a few things that I'll be able to share sometime in the future (some soon, some much later), and just haven't had that precious "extra" time - you know the kind I mean.

Anyway, I'm happy that I got to play along with Louise's latest Tag Tuesday Challenge - Winter.  I used the scene outside my window as my inspiration:  the colors (blue sky, pine needle green, tree trunk brown, a snowy white flurry or two, a sunny twinkle to the landscape), the textures (rough, wrinkled, dried), the sounds (birdsong at my feeder), and of course, the little feathered friend.  I used lots of scraps left over from other projects, too.  The corrugated cardboard was painted white a week ago - I added some Patina Glimmer Mist for sky.  The twinkly, crinkly crepe was my backdrop of flurries, along with a few vellum-embossed white flakes. Vintage music, of course, is my paper version of birdsong.  The birdie is a little something I had lined up for two Tag Tuesday challenges ago, but alas, never got to; he's from a Pottery Barn paper bag, and he was supposed to star in the challenge of using Christmas scraps.  I think he's happy here. ;)  Stamps are from Artistic Outpost, inks from Ranger. 

23 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful, I love your bird. I wish my corrugated cardboard would look this good! x

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

So pretty, Jean. the branches and snowflakes are wonderfully done!

Lululiz said...

Gorgeous tag! It was great to hear where all the different elements came from.

Larisa said...

It is very beautiful)) I love the way you made the backgrounf - it looks wonferful!!!

Jacqueline said...

WOW, now this is gorgeous!! How do I put it into my favorites please :))

Netty said...

A beautiful Winters tag Jean. Loving all the textures, design, everything......its fab. Annette x

LeAnne said...

GORGEOUS! I love how you are re-purposing your Pottery Barn bag! :D

Dee in N.H. said...

Just amazing! I love everything about it!

Daniele said...

another wonderful tag Jean, I've been playing with corrugated card today....love the sweet bird
hugs

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Gorgeous tag, love it! TFS.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This makes winter even more beautiful....yes, I love winter:)

Michele said...

truly lovely Jean, a very serene winter image. xo

the gypsy magpie said...

ooh I love this tag! Corrugated cardboard is fast becoming a new obsession with me and it looks so elegant here. Just goes to show- it's never WHAT materials are used, it's HOW you use it. Beautiful, Jean!

Lori said...

Love that bird, looks right at home on the tag, which is superb!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tag you have created.. All your layers look wonderful!! Hugs, Linda

Lynn Stevens said...

Jean this is just FABULOUS, Love the bird, the textures,the colors, just everything about it. WELL done!

Zue said...

Lovely wintry tag...feel that chill..brr.... brr.
Sue xxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Glad to hear you are busy. Tag is FAB, that bird looks so real!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

I love the dimension you achieved with this card. Beautiful.

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the color and fabulous texture.

Anonymous said...

Super cool! Love your bird and your beautiful soft snowflakes!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Eep! A beautiful bird!

Erica said...

Stunning!