Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Greetings - Crafty Secret Challenge EHWCMD3


I'm having so much fun completing my projects for World Cardmaking Day!  This card took the longest (so I probably shouldn't have started with it, LOL!) but was definitely the most fun!  I used a sticky back canvas image transfer technique that I learned from Becky Olsen's post over at Ellen Hutson's "the CLASSroom" blog. I just love the totally distressed, shabby chic effect that this technique produces.  I won't go into the details of the technique here (you can check out Becky's post for that).  But as for the rest of the card... All the patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Spider's Web Collection (I'm trying not to hoard this paper, but it's very hard!).  I sketched a pumpkin freehand on some swirly grungeboard (Tim Holtz), cut it out, painted it with acrylics, and distressed it a bit.  The leaf was cut using a Cuttlebug die.  The sweet little greeting and jack-o-lantern are stamps from Crafty Secrets' Heartwarming Vintage Collection Vintage Postcard Kit for Halloween.  The buttons are vintage, tied with some hemp cord.  

I hope you're having a fun, crafty weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ack! I have this paper and can't wait to play with it! Love, love, love this stunning creation!

itsallrosi said...

this came out great. now that october is here I'm looking forward to halloween!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Drop dead gorgeous!!! I love love love this card!!!

Papier Creatif said...

Hi Jean!

This is a FANTASTIC Halloween card! I love those warm tones ... wondering if you'd sell a few to me??? {seriously, I love it...}

{xoxo} Juls~