Sunday, October 4, 2009

Home Decor Inspiration Challenge - EHWCMD5


All righty then, here's another WCMD challenge card, this one for Kim's Home Decor challenge at the CLASSroom.  Kim gave us a couple of pages from fashion and home decor magazines to use as inspiration, and I chose this page.  I just love the blues and greens of the two photos here, and the sky-and-foliage feel.  I also love shabby chic decor, so combined it all in this card.  I used Karen Lockhart's Sweet Pea stamp and yes, I know sweet peas aren't really blue (although there are some varieties called "blue," they are actually rather lavender).  I just wanted to use this stamp and I'm claiming artistic license, LOL!  Anyway, I felt like distressing, so I painted, I sewed, I ripped and tore, then cut out my image (colored with Copics) using Nestabilities Labels One die.  A little Martha ribbon, and a sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms' The Homestead set finish it off.
I'm starting to lose steam, don't know if I'll get another WCMD card up tonight or not.  My scrap table is seriously buried!

3 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty card, Jean! Nice job on the challenges - I only managed two of them myself...

Kathy Camasso said...

Fantastic take on the inspiration piece! I love this!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Very nice! Love the 'warmth' of the blues...