Sunday, February 8, 2015

Build A Bouquet Challenge

Getting my mojo back and playing along again today with Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebration. Today's challenge is to Build A Bouquet using more than one floral stamp set. For this card I've used Year of Flowers: Larkspurs and Botanical Silhouettes (Anniversary Set from 2010). I started with a base of Distress Inks in purples and greens, laying down color before I stamped in order to keep it loose and fluid. I then stamped the larkspurs and added the floral silhouettes in around them, an attempt to subtly suggest a riot of spring flowers going on in the background. I went back in with markers and colored the larkspur to give them more definition and pop, since they are meant to be in the foreground. Also added a bit of collage-feel to the background with Background Basics: Text Style and Fancy Flourishes. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Dreaming of spring.....

11 comments:

Linda said...

Stunning, gorgeous card.

Birgit said...

So lovely! I love the dreamy imaging with the silhouette stamps in the background the the pretty larkspur in the foreground. The collage look is a perfect added touch to this. I am definitely dreaming of spring!

Nancy Guse said...

Gorgeous!! Your colors are awesome!!

Nancy Penir said...

Simply a beautiful work of art! Lovely in purples and greens!

Marcia Hill said...

This is so pretty...makes me think of early morning mist and water coloring. :0)

Kara Lynne said...

I love your stamping! The background and foreground flowers are beautiful!

905lovestostamp said...

Beautiful!!! I love your coloring, and how you have varying intensities of color--some flowers are very light in color, while your focal image is brighter. Ingenious! I agree with Marcia Hill's comment, it reminds me too of water-coloring--I love it!!!

Best wishes,

Joanne Lowe

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is stunning! Beautiful use of colour and stamps.

trisha too said...

SO pretty, love the colors!

(Hi!!! to you, haven't been by for so long, it's good to "see" you!)

:)

Angelnorth said...

Lovely to see your blog rising up the "recent changes" list after its long hiatus :o) You've made some lovely project for the PTI anniversary and this one is particularly beautiful, love the hazy silhouette blooms behind the larkspur!

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors, image and design Jean.

Hugs Diane