Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lavendar and Cream


This card was made using this week's Sketch Challenge over on SCS.

I thought I'd try something a little more involved, with chipboard, paint, glitter, lots of embellies.... all my fav's on one card LOL! I just love these vintage-looking papers from My Mind's Eye - I'm really into the purple-cream-brown color scheme right now. The tag was made by first stamping the music background from Anna Griffin for All Night Media. I then adhered some patterned paper to the chipboard medallion (from Maya Road), sanded, distressed, and added a rub-on from My Mind's Eye. I stamped the butterfly stamp from Martha Stewart, then ran it through my Xyron stamped side down, and added some glassy glitter. I then tied it with some Martha Stewart ribbon, a button and flower from my stash, and some waxy twine. The chipboard corners are from 7 Gypsies, and the "thank you" sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Elegant notes. Thanks for your visit and have a great day!

4 comments:

K said...

gorgeous card! beautiful colors!

Myriame said...

Beautiful card, great collage

Kristen H said...

This is a great card. I love those papers too. I also love how you went all out with your embellishments and everything else. The colors are gorgeous!!!

Lorraine said...

I love all your cards as the stamping is so elegant and not at all messy like me..thanks for visiting my blog