Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Few Patriotic Creations


EDITED TO ADD: I used rubber that already had cling mount attached, so the shape is stuck to the acrylic mount permanently.

A few little thingies I created after gazing at patriotic blogs over the weekend. I made the ATC as part of a set that I am going to incorporate into Birthday calendars for my family for Christmas. The tag is for today's Theme Thursday challenge, which was to make, well, a tag! (Or incorporate one into your artwork :)

I am always looking for ways to use the rubber I have left over from rubber stamp sheets and sets. I decided to try a few rustic stars (I say "rustic" because these things I make myself are NEVER perfect. So they're "shabby chic" LOL!) I just used an ancient template I had, traced out a medium and large star, and adhered on either side of a 50-cent acrylic block.


I stamped the stars in blue and red inks on the base of a tag, and embellished from there.


The "real" stamps are from Prairie Rubber Stamps, Stampabilities, Hero Arts, and JustRite.
Have a great day!

14 comments:

K said...

gorgeous tags!

Willy said...

Very beautiful tag. Your star stamps are great!

indybev said...

I love the patriotic theme! Well done.

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Unbelievable Tag. Love them.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag!

Bettie said...

Good idea to use your rest-material. Great tag!

Moni said...

Wunderschön beide Tags!!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Very beautiful Tags!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Great tags....really like the music background you used.

Lynn Stevens said...

heres to the red white and blue!
really nice!

Ellen said...

nice theme and what a good idea to use the left over rubber to make stamps. creative thinking!

Paula -Teaberry Cottage said...

I have a bagful of left over rubber.
This is a great idea. What did you use to adhere to the acrylic?

Jean Franks Beck said...

Hi Paula!
I used rubber that already had the cling mount on it, and so stuck it right on to the acrylic (so it's on there permanently). Thanks for stopping by!
Jean

Anonymous said...

awesome atc's ! I hang on to pieces of red rubber too...I never thought of using a stencil/template! THANKS!
Pam Going Postal