Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scrappy Gluebook Again

Once again this week, I have been sitting in my car more than I have been sitting in my craft room.  Good thing I have fun stuff to bring with me!  It's more scrappy stampy gluey pages.  This first one has my practice attempt at inkjet image transfer onto watercolor paper.  I had always read that you needed to have a laser image in order for images to transfer properly.  Lo and behold, I went to Donna Downey's website, and she shows us that as long as you use Golden's Gel Medium, inkjet prints work just fine.  Oh my, what fun!!!  (You can see her video tutorial on the subject *here*.)

A few lovely ladies in vintage browns.

Some of the last of my purple scraps.  The little girl is Paper Whimsy.  The stamped lilac is Unity, and the stamped tulips are Oxford Impressions.

I have some fun stuff coming up..... something new..... can't wait to show you! :)

17 comments:

Netty said...

How you made this sitting in your car I will never know.......
Beautiful book and love the image transfers. Annette x

Lori said...

Wow Jean, these are absolutely fabulous, just love these!

Jacqueline said...

Such inspiring work - even done in the car!! Beautiful, love every page!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jean,
your GB is absolutely beautiful!!
Sendinng hugs,
Marie

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty pages, jean! Valerie

Daniele said...

wow, wow and more wow
hugs

The Sparkly Fairy said...

such a beautiful book x

Unknown said...

I really do love looking at your gluebook.. I really want to try one..
Your pages look amazing to me..

Hugs, Linda

Lynne Moncrieff said...

More beautiful GB pages.
I will look at that tutorial as I am a fan of IT and always willing to learn of more tips.
Wishes
Lynne

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I love what you are doing with your glue book -- although I am having a hard time envisioning this done in a car. Maybe because it's I know I tend to spread out....
Thanks for the tip on the image transfer too!

trisha too said...

Beautiful pages, Jean!

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Wow! Gorgeous Pages!Hugs Tee

Michele said...

these pages are glorious! you are inspiring me very much. xo

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous pages--an all while sitting in your car???? amazing!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful, amazing and oh so pretty.

Marie

Unknown said...

Oh what a lovely book and so full of details (thanks for the link too)

Love dawn xx

Suzanne C said...

I am loving these pages! Gorgeous bits and pieces made into beautiful art! Happy Mother's Day to you too!