Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge

Continuing along with the Wild West theme this month, the Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge is Twine.  I had lots of fun with this one, because I used twine on my card in the literal sense - to make the frame for my cowgirl and edge my fringe - and I also used it to create the background.  The background technique is called "Stringing You Along", and it's from the February/March 2009 edition of the Technique Junkie Newsletter.  I can't tell the secrets, of course, but I can tell you that I used Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, and Vintage Photo Distress Inks for both the background and to give a little color to my image, which is from The Graphics Fairy.  I couldn't resist adding the fringe to mimic her riding pants... it's simply a strip of kraft cardstock, cut freehand with regular old scissors (Martha Stewart has some fancy scissors that will do this quickly, but really, this didn't take very long).  I distressed the edges of the fringe with Vintage Photo, as well. 

I hope you can play along with us!  You can find all the details on the Gingersnap Creations blog *here*.  There's a special prize up for grabs for one randomly selected participant... very cool!  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! Love your image and the way you fringed the card is inspired!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.. What an wonderful card.. That fringe look wonderful.. along with the twine.. FABULOUS...

Hugs, Linda

trisha too said...

How cute is that? Great touch with the twine, but the fringe steals the show!
:)

Netty said...

Great card and the fringe is fab. Annette x

penny4thoughts said...

Such terrific use of twine, Jean- and the fringe is perfect for that western look!

Daniele said...

rootin' tootin' good
hugs

Terri said...

I have had a nice look though your lovely blog (I have the same background!), and you make some really gorgeous art!
Your card here is really spunky! I love the twine around the edges. Great touch.
Hugs,
Terri

Gerri Herbst said...

Its the fringe that sets this apart from all the rest! Wonderful Piece! gerri

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great piece, it looks fabulous.

Holly said...

This is wonderful, Jean!! I love the fringe and the twine framing the picture. I'm going to have to look up that technique - don't remember seeing that one before. :-) Hugs!!