Friday, May 27, 2011

Lilies on Kraft Glassine

Happy, happy Friday (the double happy is for the long weekend upcoming, LOL!).  I posted this card over at Rogue Redhead Designs and almost forgot to post here.  I wanted to do a little experimenting with Tim's new Kraft Glassine.  I must admit, I ordered it online and when I got it, I was somewhat disappointed.  It isn't at all like the white glassine of "envelope fame" that we all know and love - it's thicker, and much more opaque.  I put it away thinking I'd get around to figuring it out later, then sort of forgot about it.  Then I saw a few posts about it by Roni over at Ink Stains, and decided to get it out.

For this card, I stamped the Lily of the Valley image from the Floriculture plate using Archival black ink, then colored it in with Prismacolor pencils.  I was pleased with how well the pencil took to the paper.  (BTW, I didn't try coloring on the reverse side of this one... I'm not sure if it matters or not, that is, whether one side is "waxed" and one not).  I cut it out and attached it to some vintage music using 7 Gypsies patterned tape.  Very simple, easy, and different.  This would also make a cute series of cards, each using a different color tape and cardstock.

Blogger is still up to its tricks..... my followers have disappeared!  Hopefully blogger will find you soon. ;)

20 comments:

woodandfabric said...

Your card is Beautiful Jean! I also had some problem with blogger this week and I also lost my followers but there back now!
Have a great long week-end!
*Ü*

Daniele said...

lovely card Jean, never used this paper myself, but it looks good
hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

A beautiful card. Blogger is really playing silly b*ggers just now, it's time they got it fixed!
Valerie

trisha too said...

Jean, that is a lovely card--those lily of the valleys are so sweet.

:)

Yep, as you know, my followers are missing in action, too!

Jacqueline said...

Another gorgeous card Jean, love everything you create!

joanne wardle said...

oh yeah!!! I adore this!!

Anonymous said...

love this!!

Unknown said...

Such an amazing card.. I love how you used tape.. so clever..

Hugs, Linda

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card, very striking. Love the image. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

Heather Foust said...

Beautiful Card! I have been looking at your blog and I see lots of beautiful pieces!!

susanne said...

I love your 'lily of the valley' ... so soft! Beautiful card!

Lori said...

Beautiful! What a great idea for the glassine paper!

Terry said...

Blogger is being foolish these days! I had to unclick being signed in to comment. My followers come and go at will and I went to past text in a gadget and it took three tries! I have some of that paper and have not tried it, so maybe will now. Was not sure what to do with it, other than die cut it! Love how you colored the flower and it works so well with the glassine. Beautiful card! Enjoy the long weekend!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

ohhhh creative minds think alike sometimes...I too have this kraft ,,so called ,,,glassine too and just did a whole series of flowers on it as that was all I could think of to do with it as it was WAY tooo thick for what I ordered it for....I love what you did with it....I think they misnamed the paper though,,,it should be called kraft vellum or somesuch cause it isn´t anything like "glassine" that I know....I come from bookbinding with the glassine we use between the pages of foto album making and it is onion skin thin....but hey, we are creative right so of course we will find a use for any and everything won´t we:)...you sure did....love it!

Suzanne C said...

Love this! So beautiful. The bluebells look so wonderful on the glassine.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful bluebells and so perfectly crafted.

Marie

Gerri Herbst said...

love the printed tape..such a lovely card.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So beautiful, the Lily of the valley is one of my favorite flowers.

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm wondering if this is a lot like unbleached wax paper? I'm going to check it out, looks beautiful btw.
hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wow! Turned out fantastic! Love how you made a whole bunch of the liles.