Monday, August 3, 2009

Winter Wonderland Skaters


My card today incorporates three challenges: The Winter Wonderland Week #10 challenge, which has a sketch this week; the Splitcoast Stampers' Inspiration Challenge from Saturday, which is Heavenly Hostess; and the Gingersnap Creations GC16 Spicy Supply challenge, which is to use ribbon on a project. What fun these were to use together!

The Winter Wonderland theme this week was "Winter Wonderland" (how 'bout that?) and Beth Jaffe came up with this adorable sketch.


Over at SCS, Stef found the Heavenly Hostess site, with the cutest aprons! My inspiration apron for that one was this retro skater apron. I included a close-up of the fabric too - showing my favorite winter sport!

Finally, the Gingersnap Creations ladies have been inspiring me so much lately, I just HAD to play along with one of their challenges!! It's my first, so I chose an easy one, LOL! They have three challenges going on right now, and they always allow lots of time for each one. You'll want to check out their site this month, because they have some wonderful blog candy up for grabs (you don't have to play to enter, but after you visit, you'll probably be inspired to create!).

So, onto the details. My main skater image, along with the sentiment, is from Stampin' Up!'s Winter Post stamp set (Loooove it!). The trees and the iceskates for the background paper are both from Inkadinkado. For that background paper, I made a little mini patterned paper by randomly stamping the skate image, masking it, then gently tapping Baja Breeze ink over the white areas with a sponge dauber. I then colored in only the laces (red, to match my ribbon laces embellishment). Both the skates and the main image are colored with Copics. I used two rows of eyelets to resemble those of iceskates, and then laced 'em up! The patterned paper is all from My Mind's Eye Bohemia Bliss line, and the colored cardstock is SU!'s Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze. (Those two lines go GREAT together - I know those are retired SU colors, but come on, we're all hoarding some, right? ;)) The white cardstock is PTI, and I cut out the image with Nestabilities Labels One. Did I forget anything? Hope not.

Thanks for looking and have a great Monday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and wonderful use of ribbon! Lacing is just the perfect compliment to your two skaters! Very clever!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is something else! How did I miss that cute little skaters apron? LOVE it--just the right vintage look. Fun card you made here!

Ali Manning said...

This is beautiful - I love how you used the two different ribbons. Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps challenge!

Teri said...

Oooh, lovin' the colour combo, and the ribbon!
Thanks for joining in at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri S
x

Teri said...

This is a fabulous card jean. I LOVE how you have used the ribbon - it's beautiful!

Teri xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi I love this image so wonderful and the ribbon looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland hugs Pascale

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful xx jo xx

Anonymous said...

Jean, I love this set from SU too! I made ATC's w/it - they're on my blog. This is a wonderful card you created again! love it!!!
Pam Going Postal