Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just {Bee}cause


Wouldn't it be wonderful if this were all that was on your "Honey Do List"? LOL! A while back, I was lucky enough to win Cornish Heritage Farms' Sweet Bee set from Julia Stainton's blog (thanks, Julia!). I've been wanting to make a card with this "Honey Do List" stamp for a while now, just didn't get around to it. Well, sometimes procrastination pays off! I was in Michael's the other day and spied this great paper line from Deja Views that has bees, honeycombs, dandelions... all perfect to go with this stamp set. I think this would be a great card for the dad of the house.. on his birthday, father's day, to kick off a vacation... just bee-cause.

I used cardstock from an American Traditional Designs paper pad (the colors matched the Deja Views papers perfectly - go figure). The Deja Views background paper has flourishes and a honeycomb pattern (don't know if you can quite see it), and I also used one with a stripe of little bees going across it. I stamped the bee image from Sweet Bee multiple times, then punched them out using Creative Memories' Hexagon punch. I colored all the images with Copics. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up! in Blue Bayou, which is retired :(. All you SU! demonstrators out there - please please please lobby to bring back Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Riding Hood Red. I'm beggin' :). For now, I'll just have to hoard some, I guess LOL!

Thanks for looking and have a great day - just {bee}cause!

3 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jean, this is a fabulous design....just love it!

Colleen Kramer said...

Oh Jean...you always have so many delicious details and they all come together in perfect harmony!

Anonymous said...

Your honeycomb is just fabulous! Love the card!