Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gingersnap Creations Challenge - Fairies

Hello everyone, it's time for another Random Redhead Challenge at Gingersnap Creations, and this time it's Fairies!  I've been playing with fairy stamps a lot lately, so I wanted to use one I hadn't inked up in a while.  This little fairy just looked like she was posing for one of those old-time family portrait shots, with her new doll and her best dress, so I decided to go uber-vintage with her.  I stamped her on muslin, frayed the edges, and sewed her onto some distressed paper from Basic Grey's Capella line. I layered that on top of some vintage sheet music.  I used some old mother of pearl buttons and a dogwood blossom (with a Flower Soft center) to continue the vintage cream color palette. The sentiment is stamped on a bit of distressed twine.  Both the fairy and the sentiment are from Oxford Impressions' Fairy Sweets plate.

So if you'd like to take part in a really fun challenge and get some inspiration at the same time, head on over to Gingersnap Creations.  This challenge runs through July 18, so you've got plenty of time to dabble in fairy art of any kind - vintage, ethereal, sweet, cute, artsy-fartsy, edgy - the choice is up to you! :)

15 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Saw this on Gingersnaps earlier knew it was yours without seeing your name it is so you and completely delightful. Had to drop by and say I Love it xx Zoe

Terry said...

Oh my! Love how vintage your take on this challenge is! Fantastic background and embellishments!

Rhonda said...

Love your fairy! I like the effect when stamped onto the fabric - cheers!

Heather Rogers said...

Jean, I love how you stamped her on muslin. This is so pretty. :)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jean,
she is beautiful and I love your colors.Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Why this appeals to me so much is your colour choice, very unusual for a fairy theme and I think it is sensational. Is the dogwood the flower for NC? TFS your gorgeous card. Lynne M

LeAnne said...

So sweet, I just love this.....every single little teeny weeny iota atomic bit of it!!! LOVE IT!

2amscrapper said...

Yes, I also saw this on GC--this one is fantastic!

Netty said...

Beautiful card, lovely textures. Annette

Lynn Stevens said...

Jean This is just Darling, I Loved that its stamped on muslin, It gives it a great vintage look.

Congrats for winning at IBFS, Della has some awesome stamps. Have fun shopping!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Ohhhh, how sweet she is! I luv how she looks on the muslin, great card, I'll have to get out my winged things and join in!

peggy gatto said...

I love visiting here!!!!

trisha too said...

she's a sweetie--what a lovely card!

:)

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

What a pretty card, love that fairy too!

Ali Manning said...

This is so adorable, so vintage, so Jean - I love it!!