Monday, May 17, 2010

A New Backgrounder

Tomorrow, Cornish Heritage Farms is releasing a new backgrounder called Fuchsia Tiles.  This line of stamps is great for creating your own patterned paper, in any color combination you wish.  For both of my cards today, I've chosen to emboss the backgrounder panel for a bit of texture, and to enable me to get a light-colored pattern on a darker cardstock.  For the card above, I embossed in white on a fuchsia pink cardstock.  I accented the pattern with a few pearls, tied it up with some silk ribbon, and added a sentiment from the Domestic Love set.  This makes a great, quick and easy wedding card, done up in the couples' wedding colors.

For my second card, I've embossed in pale blue on black cardstock.  I stamped the Freesia image in black, along with a sentiment from the Ornamental Beauty set.  A little velvet ribbon is the only accent.  I've kept the color palette very limited, for a more elegant look. 

You'll be able to see lots of great samples using this backgrounder in the gallery tomorrow.  Hope you're having a great Monday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards I love the colour of the second with the flowers on top of the back ground it really lookd fabby

Love Dawn xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

I think the second is my favorite.
I can't believe there the same stamps.
Have a wonderful evening
Hugs
Marie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I particularly like the second card. Timeless elegance of black and white - stunning. Lynne M x

ScrappyPam said...

Oooh, that's pretty! Great way to show that background off!

Unknown said...

Both card are beautiful. I alway have a hard time with those background stamps, I love what you have done with them!

Debby said...

Gorgeous! Another must have backgrounder!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really rocked that background! Love the addition of the pearls on the fuschia card!