Monday, May 10, 2010

Gingersnap Creations Art Flower Exchange

For something a little diff- erent..... These are the flowers I created using the template provided at Gingersnap Creations for our second art swap.  I gotta say, these little guys were the most difficult project I've tried to photograph since I've been blogging, LOL!  Anyway, I started with a base of patterned papers (atop some grunge paper for stability), then added embossing, distress inks, stamping, and a little bling on each one.  For the centers, I used images of ladies from Waterhouse paintings from Dover, mounted underneath a crystal pebble (hence the photo difficulties).  Each little lady is surrounded by some blooms that have been cut using the new Tim Holtz Alterations dies.  I sprayed coffee filters with Glimmer mists, cut out the flowers, then stamped them.  I gave them a little curl by wrapping the petals around a piercing tool (hopefully that will hold up in shipping!).  Here's a close-up of one of them.... I *do* apologize for the rotten pics!

Hope all you moms out there had a lovely Mother's Day.  The weather here was absolutely divine, so we spent much of the day outside.  Now it's back to the (not-quite-as) busy routine.  Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jean, your flowers came out beautiful, nothing wrong with the pics.Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs
Marie

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous...even more so in real life! Thanks tons for participating in the art exchange!