For something a little diff- erent..... These are the flowers I created using the template provided at Gingersnap Creations for our second art swap. I gotta say, these little guys were the most difficult project I've tried to photograph since I've been blogging, LOL! Anyway, I started with a base of patterned papers (atop some grunge paper for stability), then added embossing, distress inks, stamping, and a little bling on each one. For the centers, I used images of ladies from Waterhouse paintings from Dover, mounted underneath a crystal pebble (hence the photo difficulties). Each little lady is surrounded by some blooms that have been cut using the new Tim Holtz Alterations dies. I sprayed coffee filters with Glimmer mists, cut out the flowers, then stamped them. I gave them a little curl by wrapping the petals around a piercing tool (hopefully that will hold up in shipping!). Here's a close-up of one of them.... I *do* apologize for the rotten pics!
Hope all you moms out there had a lovely Mother's Day. The weather here was absolutely divine, so we spent much of the day outside. Now it's back to the (not-quite-as) busy routine. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!