Friday, April 3, 2009

Ladies Vintage and Cutesy




We're having a gorgeous spring day here in North Carolina!! I've got some serious spring fever! Today I have two cards of vastly different styles. I just fell in love with this lovely leafy lady image from Stampington. She looks slightly annoyed, or maybe perplexed at her predicament LOL!! Anyway, I wanted to keep a limited color palette, so she's only got a few pale blue blooms for color. I went wild with embellishments - kinda wanted a collage look, but for a card - so she's sprouting butterflies, flowers and leaves. The "bloom" letters are from a really old, falling-apart book. This is one of those "just because" cards.

The next card is vastly different! It features an image from Stamping Bella - very cutesy! My daughter turned 10 this past month, so she wanted a hip gal for her party invitations. Since we only invited 6 girls, I could take some time playing with my new Copic markers. Love them!!! I'm sure many of you already know all about them, but for us newcomers, there is a great blog called I Like Markers by Marianne Walker. Some fantastic tutorials for beginners through advanced. Also check out her glossary for basics, such as: a guide to what the marker color numbers mean, so you don't have to guess at the color from your computer screen!

Have a beautiful day!

No comments: