Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stamp of the Month

It's April 1st, so that means it's time for another Stamp of the Month from Cornish Heritage Farms (and that's no foolin'!).  This month's image is Fawn in the Grove - a delicate and delightful little spring scene.  I've paired it here with the Trees backgrounder and a sentiment from the Ornamental Beauty set.  I colored the image with Copics, making sure I preserved some white spots on this little fawn's back.:)  I nestled her amongst some white birch trees - reminds me of where I grew up in northeastern PA.  The leaves are from a big box flower sprig (I always save both the leaves and the petals - ya never know when you'll want some leaves, too).  A little twine ties it all up in a rustic sort of way.  As always, there will be lots more samples in the gallery.

Happy April Fools Day to my U.S. friends (if you can really say it's happy..?)!  Hope you don't get fooled too badly! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image and the sentiment is wonderful! I love the touch of the leaves!

Suzanne C said...

Love the background in the light green. Didn't recognize the stamp until I looked up close. Beautiful card.