Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Country Charm


It's release day on the farm... Cornish Heritage Farms, that is.  A new set from their ATC Collection debuts, called Country Charm Textures.  Let me 'splain.... The All Things Considered line, as some of you know, specializes in images that are perfectly sized for ATCs, twinchies, inchies, that sort of thing, but of course, it can all be used on cards and scrapbook pages as well.  This release is all about SCALE.... scaling down some of CHF's fabulous Backgrounders so that they don't overpower our smaller creations.  So, this set features the Cracked Montana Earth background and the Woodgrain background, scaled down to an ATC size of 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.  (The full-sized Backgrounders are 4 1/2 by 5 3/4 inches).  Here's a tiny look at the set so you can see what I'm talking about. 

So, in the picture above is an example of an ATC and a twinchie I made using this set.  The crackled background is perfect for these delicate images. (I also used it for the card in THIS post.)  The ATC uses images from the Sweet Bee set, and the twinchie uses stamps from the Botanical Bliss set.

For the card below, I've used all four images... the crackle gives my sheep some woolly texture, and I've used the woodgrain for both the background and the sign.  (Sources: the sheep is HERE, and the sign outline is part of THIS SET).  That center image collage is ATC-sized.


Hope these will be useful to you for all of your tiny art creations!  CHF also has a special going on for its cling-mount sets... if you buy three (or more!), CHF will do the cutting for you for FREE!  (Through April 22). :)

14 comments:

Willy's creations said...

Lovely!

Hugs,Willy

LeAnne said...

Oh my....these are SO SWEET! Reminds me I have been neglected my bee stamp (but I used a leaves backgrounder just today!!). Lovely creations and great use of those BG stamps! Cool idea to scale them down, too.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Absolutely gorgeous all three creations! Think I may have mentioned before I am jealous of your access to these wonderful stamps....Cornish Heritage! With a name like that surely they must be available in the UK lol. Beautiful!
Suz

Jacqueline said...

Just beautiful, always love your cards!

Kim Dellow said...

Wow fab! Love the sheep. Kim

Heather Rogers said...

Oh Jean how I love these! Fab Cornish stamps. :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning as always! Great pairing of the new set with Primitive Beginnings (that's one of my fav CHF sets).

Katy said...

Gorgeous. Lovely background stamps.

Unknown said...

You have put all these stamps to fantastic use love the bee and crackle mmm

love Dawn xx

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A gorgeous example of how to best use these stamps

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You have captured a real sense of country charm. Lynne M x

Anonymous said...

thanks for telling us what size these are, they are darling and great stamps too!

Godelieve said...

These are gorgeous!

Holly said...

I just love what you have done with this set, Jean! My favorite card is the Country Charm card with the sheep - so perfectly country-ish!