Monday, August 24, 2009

Winter Wonderland by Candlelight


I had time to play along with another Winter Wonderland Challenge this week. The theme is "By Candlelight," and I immediately thought of this adorable image from Cornish Heritage Farms' Night Before Christmas set. So, I made another pennant to go with my growing collection. For this one, I colored the image with Copics, then cut it out and bordered it using the Nestabilities Labels One die. I also used Copics to color a lantern from a set of Tattered Angels glimmer chips - it took the color pretty well, I think. The papers are from Basic Grey and Bo Bunny. Some painted grungeboard, Prima flowers, and SU! Dazzling Diamonds finish it up.

Hope you're having a great week! I'll be back soon with some more yummy Cornish Heritage Farms images!

9 comments:

Teri said...

Jean this is simply gorgeous! I love the image - it's just adorable.

Thank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xxx

Teri said...

This is just brilliant! Makes a change from cards!!
Thanks for playing at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Val said...

Hi Jean

This is lovely - so unusual, and what a great piece to hang above the fireplace at Christmas time.

Thank you also for your comments on my blog - really appreciated.

Hugs
Valx

Shar said...

Lovely!

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to your blog.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

nancy ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is so pretty!

Colleen Kramer said...

Aah Jean...you do vintage so well. Very lovely!

Pam S. said...

awesome Jean!
Pam Going Postal

Anne said...

Absolutely divine!!!! I would LOVE to see this gorgeous banner when it's complete - it is going to look stunning and will keep your friends / visitors mouths wide open when they see this on display at Christmas! I'm so glad you were able to play along again Jean, I am soooo inspired by your pennants! xx