Friday, June 12, 2009

Flourishes Easy Breezy Challenge: 10-minute Cards


I hoard paper. Big time. I can't bear to part with even the smallest scrap of patterned paper, "just in case." So when I finally saw the challenge over at the Flourishes blog today, I jumped right in. The generous ladies at Flourishes are offering up the entire new release of Flourishes stamps today, just for sharing an "easy breezy" ten-minute card. So, I got out those bitsy little scraps and slapped a couple of quick cards together! The butterfly card uses scraps of paper from Autumn Leaves and Basic Grey, along with some cardstock that I stamped with a multi-language thank-you stamp from Hero Arts (LOVE that set!). The butterfly is from Anna Griffin, and the background text is from Hero Arts as well. I edged each scrap with brown ink, then just played around with them until I got an arrangement I liked, and glued it down! I tore the bottom of the front of the card, and slipped in a scrap of contrasting cardstock for interest.

The card on the right has the same stamped image as my card in the previous post. I had stamped in it a color that I decided not to use. Of course, I couldn't throw it out, so I saved it for later, which in this case, was later today :) I used the same thank-you set, and scraps of the same Basic Grey paper as the butterfly card. I used a Stampabilities compass stamp to make another coordinating patterned paper (on a scrap, of course). I wrapped the longest panel with some Martha Stewart ribbon, and attached the "thanks" sentiment, which I punched with a tag punch. Glued everything down and done!

I don't have any Flourishes stamps yet, but I love their stuff! If you'd like a chance to win some too, hurry on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and enter. The contest ends tonight, but you're only making a 10-minute card, so it's totally possible to still make the deadline :)

4 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely perfect!!!! Love the rustic feel of both cards! So glad you made time to play!!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Just love that butterfly card! So pretty! I love the vintage look to it.

Sandy said...

OMG Jean these are lovely.
Wonderful cards. Fantastic.

Shirley said...

You are a genius. I would have buckled under that time constraint! Ha! These are wonderfully pretty.