Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cornish Heritage Farms Sneak Peek

So apparently there are these things called "digital stamps".  No really, there are!  And they are just like stamped images, only you print them on your own printer.  Yes!  It's true!  Onto any paper you'd like.  Even Patterned Paper.  ROFL!!!

Okay, if you've visited here often, you know I am a dinosaur when it comes to digital.  Stubbornly avoiding the bandwagon.  And when I found out that Stamper's Ink was going to be offering lots and lots of Cornish Heritage Farms *digital* stamps, I was, shall we say, "tentative." :)  I love me some rubber.  However.... I am now hooked.

No, I'm not giving up rubber, no how, no way.  But I had fun with this!!!  I am definitely adding digital to my repertoire.  Especially with these yummy new vintage images from Stamper's Ink, the new home of CHF.  This card came together in a snap.  I printed the Palace #2 image onto some Prima script patterned paper and softly colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  Distressed the edges a bit (with Gathered Twig), framed it up on some cardstock, and added it to another patterned paper background, this one from Webster's Pages.  All it needed was a special little embellishment - some big box petals, some vintage lace, and a vintage mother-of-pearl button.  That's it! Done!  Oh yeah, I'm feelin' it, LOL!  I can see how this could fit in for me, tee hee.

So now that I'm at least friends with the digital bandwagon, I hope you can join me and the rest of the CHF team on Saturday, November 19th.  We are going to officially launch Stamper's Ink's new Cornish Heritage Farms website, filled with lots of never-before-seen CHF images - the ones that hadn't made it to primetime yet.  (Along with a few old favorites coming soon.)  If you followed CHF before, there will be lots of familiar blogs on the hop, along with some new ones.  And I'm told that eventually there will be rubber, too..... the best of both worlds. ;)  See ya then!  (If you want a bit more of a peek, there are a couple of images available now - but most won't appear until the big day.)

16 comments:

Ana Márquez said...

It's fantastic! Congratulations! :-)

Daniele said...

wow just lovin' this Jean , thank you for your kind comment that you left on my blog, the digital stamps look great will ahve to check those out
hugs

Lynn Stevens said...

Jean I'm the same as you with the dinosaur thing, never done digi stamping and never thought of printing on designer paper. Such a wonderful idea and great results, your card is Beautiful!

Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck hun!
hugs Lynn

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Well that is definitely cooool that you can just press a button and presto...done. But true ,,,how can we ever give up "real" stamps....
Love the card you created with this too!

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Jean ... so glad you enjoyed the digital experience :)

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love this image. I use Digi stamps but never thought to print on patterned paper! Great idea

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

itsallrosi said...

yay, Jean!

this came out great!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card Jean, that would be a huge stamp to handle, maybe it is just as good that it is digital!

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

Oh Jean, this card looks fabulous.
I love this style.
Hugs, and nice weekend, Sabine

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This turned out great!! Love the image on the DP! Maybe I can give it a try too : )

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Digi image. I can't wait to check out all there stamps..
Your card looks amazing..

Hugs, Linda

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is such a gorgeous card (and stamping)! Have a wonderful weekend!

trisha too said...

Oh, Jean, I want to give you a big ol' hug--I'm with you on the dinosaur train . . .

But your card is gorgeous, and I will now consider the possibility of the existence of digi images.


:)

Gwen said...

Great layout. Just stopping by to see your CHF sneak peek.

stampqueen said...

Watch out, the digi's are almost as addictive as rubber :)
Great card!!!!

Lululiz said...

Digital stamping, what will they think of next ;-). Does sound intriguing and you certainly had a fantastic result with it. Perhaps I ought to give it a go one of these days as well.