Friday, May 14, 2010

Tag Tuesday - A Perfect Excuse

...to use a stamp I have never inked up before!  The challenge this week at Tag Tuesday is to use a piece from your home as your inspiration.  I bought this stamp some time ago, intending to use it in a scrapbook of one of our vacations to Greece.  Hmmmm... do you know how much scrapbooking I've been doing lately?  Nada, zip, zilch, and nuthin'.  Pitiful.  But, I decided to use a painting we got on one of our trips to Santorini as my inspiration piece.  There is absolutely nothing fancy about this tag..... I inked up the stamp (by Auntie Amy's), colored the image with Copics, distress inked a little, punched a Greek key border, and added some Greek key paper clips (from Stampin' Up!).  That's it.  But at least I had an excuse to get out this lovely stamp and dream of returning to the land of the sapphire blue Aegean.  Aaaah.... someday. :)

Hope you're having a great Saturday!

16 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh lucky you to have gone to Greece!
Another dream of mine. What a lovely tag and hey a start on that scrapbook page! LOL

Willy's creations said...

Looks lovely...the greece tag.

Hugs,Willy

Hearts Turned said...

Ooooooh, I love that stamp, Jean...I'll have to go and look into it! A trip to Greece has been on my list of things to do since I fell in love with Greek myths in 2nd grade....aaaaahhh! Lucky you!

Love the tag--beautiful job, my friend!

Hope you're having a wonderful night!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, this is just wonderful - that is what I call gorgeous inspiration!

Unknown said...

Gosh the painting & Tag bring many happy memories of Greece for me too I have been to a few of the islands and I love the place and the people so thank you for the little step back to Greece I love the tag so representational of the beautiful warm place they call Greece

Love Dawn xx

Katy said...

What a gorgeous stamp. I too love Greece - we've been several times and it's such a beautiful, warm, welcoming place.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jean, you are right....that is the perfect stamp! It's wonderfully done....who needs fancy?:) I love where you went on this with your inspiration photo!

Unknown said...

All I can say is WOW! I love it!
What a great stamp. and you colored it perfectly! I want to go to Greece!

Zoechaos said...

Never been to Greece, its on the list so oneday. your Tag is fabulous the colouring is just so right and the greek key border just sets the theme. Love it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Yep, I need to go to Greece sometime soon!
Thanks for stopping by and leave such sweet comment!

Lori said...

Wow, just wonderful stamping and color! And so reminiscent of your wonderful trip! Great tag!

Ellen said...

beautiful tag, it makes me want to go to Greece straight away
i'm glad the stamp came out of hibernation

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Lovely coloring and great image! Perfect reflection of the lovely picture!

Anonymous said...

What a great image! Your coloring is amazing!

Lindsay Weirich said...

cool tag! I love the stamp! Great way to put it to use!

Debby said...

Oh! and beautiful picture and beautiful tag! And thanks for dropping off some sunshine on my blog. It always brightens my day to read your comments :D